Welcome to the Australian Social Policy Association
The Australian Social Policy Association (ASPA) is a non-profit organisation and professional association of social policy researchers, educators, practitioners and policy-makers. It promotes debate and increased understanding of social policy in Australia and productive collaborations between those working and researching in social policy locally, in the Asia-Pacific region and internationally.
The Associations key objectives are to:
- support and foster research, practice and education in social policy in the university, non-government and government sectors
- create a forum for the exchange of information and ideas about social policy in national and international contexts
- facilitate and encourage higher degree research training in social policy
- establish links with other Australian and international organisations that have an interest in social policy issues.
The Association provides its members with access to:
- workshops and conferences
- cross-sectoral networking opportunities
- higher degree research forums and networks
ASPA seeks to support the community of social policy researchers, policy makers and analysts, practitioners, advocates and consultants, in their efforts to understand and contribute to the promotion of human well-being.